Director of Alumni Relations
South Carolina State UniversityOrangeburg, SC
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement goals, strategies, activities and programs that enable SC State and SC State Alumni Associations to communicate effectively with alumni, engage alumni, and deploy alumni individually and collectively as important resources of the university.
- Identify ways in which development activities may be strengthened by improving contributions from alumni and the private sector.
- Assist with organizing and planning of alumni participation and support of campus wide events such as Homecoming, Class Reunions, Scholarship Gala, Founder’s Day and other programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the University to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation and involvement.
- Support the work of the SC State National Alumni Association and its officers. Prepare, monitor, and administer budget for functional area
Minimum Requirements for Entry into Position
- Bachelor’s degree required; minimum of three (3) years of experience in alumni and/or donor relations.
- Ambitious and goal-oriented with superior organizational skills, proven special event development and implementation skills, strong volunteer management skills, the ability to build long-term relationships with alumni and other constituents.
- Must be able to use tact and diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the university, alumni and others constituents to assure the success of a growing outreach initiative.
- Supervisory experience required. Budget and financial management skills required.
- Knowledge of computers and current software.
- Willingness to travel and work weekends and evenings, as needed.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Preferred Requirements for Entry into Position
Master’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in alumni relations and/or external affairs preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.scsu.edu.