Assistant Director (Digital Marketing)
Southern Methodist UniversityDallas, TX
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Assistant Director of Digital Marketing develops, integrates and executes strategic digital initiatives to drive increased constituent engagement and annual giving donations among various constituencies including alumni, current students, parents, faculty/staff and friends. The AD is part of the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations team (AGAR) within Development and External Affairs.
Working closely with AGAR and other campus partners, the AD contributes to overall fundraising and engagement goals through comprehensive online marketing campaigns that include (but are not limited to) organic and paid social media across several channels, digital ads, AGAR websites, crowdfunding and video elements that compliment AGAR’s overall annual strategic marketing plan. Serving as digital audience manager, the AD is focused on amplifying messaging and nurturing further connections within each platform, translating to engagement with SMU.
- Work with supervisor and stakeholders to produce and execute timely and strategic messaging that aligns with their integrated engagement and solicitation campaigns (min. 24) using an optimal mix of cross-channel content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, digital ads, websites, online crowdfunding and volunteer platforms, and videos. Effectively manage and execute all regular content updates for the various digital avenues mentioned above, providing proofs and organizing feedback flow for accurate execution and follow-up with stakeholders.
- Creative: Work with DEA’s Marketing and Communications team, Content Creator and other vendors to ensure all outbound content meets University style and standards. Create or collaborate with SMU team members on social and digital copy/content and assets, acquiring appropriate assets as required, generating proofs for approval and modifying elements to ensure coordinated messaging. Provide design/content recommendations and feedback on layouts and imagery, modifying existing content when needed. Provide feedback and recommendations on web content and design, making routine updates on web forms and general sites as needed.
- Manage alumni and other AGAR communities on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, coordinating with flagship SMU social accounts and internal partners for creative/graphic & web development. Manage social ambassadors to amplify content across channels.
- Data Integrity: Request and obtain constituent data for multi-channel communications. Format lists to meet requirements of platform and upload files to providers’ online accounts. Communicate with SMU Records department and other campus partners for records updates obtained from marketing efforts and regularly share engagement data for appropriate tracking and follow up.
- Quality Control/Marketing Data: Perform data quality checks and ongoing audits for routine web and social media communications, including online registration pages and registration links. Publish and audit regular content updates for all alumni websites. Regularly report on campaign performance and analytics for real-time adjustments and optimization to meet defined ROI goals.
- Strategic and Process Management: Follow emerging trends and best practices in digital, social media and other technologies, and incorporate them as appropriate into the university brand to create integrated marketing and fundraising campaigns with measurable results aimed at increasing engagement and philanthropic support. Provide strategic input on ways to improve current practices and processes to assist with creating a more engaging and integrated social and digital strategy.
- Crowdfunding and Volunteer Platform Management: Manage the SMU Crowdfunding platform, including administration of projects and platform enhancements. Assist with coordinating crowdfunding project content and find ways to strengthen the relationship between University and donor interests. Manage volunteer platform, ensuring timely updates of relevant content and regular site maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
A minimum of one year of professional work experience is required.
Experience managing social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube) and executing paid social campaigns is required. Experience with data and/or digital analytics is highly preferred. Video production experience is preferred. Experience executing the distribution of digital content that compliments other channels/formats is highly preferred. Experience conducting coordinated, multi-channel campaigns using a variety of activations, highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to build cross-departmental relationships with a wide range of constituencies. Must also demonstrate strong grammar and creative writing skills and ability to produce concise, error free materials. A strong focus on attention to detail is essential.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities. Must also demonstrate the ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment. Strong project/program management skills are essential.
- Demonstrated critical thinking & analytics skills to present data are required. A strong familiarity with current social trends is also required.
- Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects), HTML, WordPress, highly preferred. Experience with Asana, AirTable, or project management software is a plus. Experience with digital CMS preferred. Certifications in Google analytics, SEO, Youtube, Adwords, Hubspot, Hootsuite are highly desirable.
Deadline to Apply:
- June 11, 2021
- Priority consideration may be given to submissions received by June 4, 2021.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit smu.taleo.net.