Annual Giving Officer
Spelman CollegeAtlanta, GA
The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for assisting in building and growing an effective annual giving program at Spelman College. They will establish and achieve aggressive fundraising goals for all constituents and support all activities of the Office of Annual Giving in the cultivation, acquisition, and retention of donors at the Annual Giving level. They will provide oversight and expertise in the engagement, solicitation, and outreach of recent graduates (alumnae, who graduated within the last nine years), parents and Campus Campaign and coordinate the cultivation and management of volunteer fundraising committees for the Office of Annual Giving. They will draft informational, marketing and solicitation materials for the constituents though direct mail, e-mail, and social media, and coordinate the production and distribution of direct mail appeals through collaboration with external partners/vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with Director of Annual Giving to increase volunteer engagement and participation and set and achieve measurable goals for the Recent Graduate and Parent solicitations and Campus Campaign and coordinate the cultivation and management of volunteer fundraising committees for the Office of Annual Giving. The Annual Giving Officer will also assist the department of Annual Giving by drafting informational, marketing and solicitation materials and coordinate direct mail solicitation projects through collaboration with vendors.
Recent Graduate Giving Program, Parent Campaign and Campus Campaign:
- Develop fundraising programs geared towards alumnae who have graduated within the last nine years, parents, and faculty/staff of the College.
- Create solicitation strategies and messages for recent graduates, parents and faculty/staff using the direct mail and digital communication (email, social media) strategies.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of 50-75 prospects with capacity to give at $1,000-$5,000 range.
- Manage all aspects of Recent Graduate, Parent and Campus Fundraising including setting an overall fundraising goal, participation goals and attending all necessary meetings (New Employee Orientation sessions, Faculty & Staff meetings/events, New Student Orientation, Parents Association meetings, etc.).
- Recruit, manage and train volunteers and ambassadors in partnership with the Office of Alumnae Engagement and other campus partners, including the Division of Student Affairs to meet the fundraising goals for Recent Graduate, Parent, and Faculty/Staff campaigns.
- Coordinate efforts with Human Resources, Advancement Services, and the Office of Annual Giving to ensure proper recording and reporting of payroll deduction for faculty and staff members.
- Monitor the progress of the Campus Campaign, Parent Campaign and Recent Graduate Giving Program and provide regular and scheduled reports and updates to the Director of Annual Giving.
- Coordinate the cultivation and engagement of volunteer fundraising committees including the Spelman Strong Committee, Parents Association and other ambassadors and fundraising volunteers for the College.
- Produce and disseminate materials to volunteer fundraising committee members, in addition to scheduling and leading the volunteer committee meetings.
- Generate and maintain donor lists, mailing/email/call lists, provide fundraising updates and assist the engagement, fundraising and stewardship activities of volunteers by providing marketing materials, creating and distributing email/direct mail/print as needed.
Marketing and Communication:
- Manage all activities related to the production and distribution of all direct mail appeals for the Office of Annual Giving, including coordinating with internal stakeholders on developing content/copy and working with vendors on all direct mail projects.
- Draft informational, marketing and solicitation materials for the Office of Annual Giving aimed at engaging, stewarding, and soliciting all constituents for various campaigns throughout the fiscal year as needed to support the Director and the department.
Additional duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience required. Experience with higher education fundraising and Annual Giving programs including personal solicitations, volunteer management, and constituent giving campaigns preferred.
- This position requires a strong customer service focus and excellent time management skills. Professional demeanor with the ability to interface with internal and external customers with diplomacy and tact is essential. Independent judgment is necessary to plan, identify fundraising strategies, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. Work requires fact-finding and compilation skills plus ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously, at times with little supervision.
- Writing and proofreading skills are essential in the creation of marketing and solicitation materials, along with general correspondence. Must also possess attention to detail. Excellent oral communication skills are required when presenting information and responding to questions from students, parents, employees, and the general public in one-on-one or group situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to perform advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and CampusCall system. In addition to producing correspondence, duties may involve assignments that require creating brochures, spreadsheets with formulas and pivot tables, tables, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, computer-generated graphics, use of Banner Advancement Module and Internet navigation.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to visit our website and apply via our online application: We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a campus environment filled with unique opportunities and experiences.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
No Phone Calls Please.
To apply for this job please visit spelman.peopleadmin.com.