Director of Annual Giving
St. Anne's-Belfield SchoolCharlottesville, VA
The Director of Annual Giving plays a vital role in advancing the core purpose of the School and strengthening the culture of philanthropy among parents, alumni and the School’s extended community. The Director will establish and communicate key messages, develop or oversee the development of marketing plans and material, manage annual giving plans and timetables, ensure effective and sound annual giving processes and systems, and conduct donor outreach in partnership with development colleagues and the Head of School to effectively achieve the goals for the Fund for St. Anne’s-Belfield, the school’s annual giving umbrella. The Director will recruit, support and inspire key volunteers in their work on behalf of the School and champion annual giving with students, faculty, staff, senior administration, and the school community.
Detailed position responsibilities:
- Develop a multi-year, data-driven Annual Giving plan and oversee the execution of the plan annually to achieve the School’s philanthropic goals. This work will include a variety of efforts, including mailings and other direct outreach, volunteer engagement, donor meetings, coordination of giving days (Day of Impact) and other mini-campaigns, digital communications, and so on;
- Recruit and manage volunteer committees in the cultivation and stewardship of Annual Giving donors and assess the effectiveness of volunteer structures;
- Execute strategies developed in partnership with Advancement colleagues to affect increases in parent and alumni giving to the Annual Fund, including implementing a more robust alumni reunion giving program;
- Engage regularly with select donors to the Fund for St. Anne’s-Belfield to realize increased giving and implement enhanced stewardship;
- Track activities to ensure that Annual Giving efforts are effective and on schedule and in partnership with the advancement services and operations team disseminate monthly reports for internal and external use;
- Coordinate, in partnership with Advancement colleagues, programs and initiatives to effectively steward annual giving donors;
- Manage, in close collaboration with Advancement and Communications colleagues, the creation of communications materials designed to generate annual gifts, including direct mail, email solicitations, videos, and production of printed materials;
- Stay abreast of best practice relating to fundraising and participate in on-going professional development activities.
- Work in partnership with the Parents’ Association to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts, including Maroon and White Week as well as the Arts and Athletics Boosters; and,
- Seek opportunities to be active in the life of the school, connecting regularly with students and faculty, and serve the school in other ways as needed.
- 5-7+ years of experience in development or related fields;
- Familiarity with annual giving, volunteer management, and/or direct marketing;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills; ability to design and create communications collateral is preferred;
- Creative thinking and demonstrated ability to affect growth in desired results;
- Strong interest in K-12 education generally, and St. Anne’s-Belfield School more specifically;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Consummate team player who is comfortable working with wide range of people; and,
- Experience working within comprehensive fundraising programs is a plus.
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Physical Demands and Work Experience: Office environment with frequent interruptions. Some weekend and evening work expected.
Please Note: As a condition of employment, all employees hired after September 20, 2021 are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or submit to weekly PCR testing. Application for a medical or religious exemption for vaccination can be made through our human resources department. If exempted, weekly PCR testing is still required. These requirements may change at the discretion of the School at any time.
To apply for this job please visit stab.isolvedhire.com.