Associate Director of Annual Giving
St. Lawrence UniversityCanton, NY
St. Lawrence University invites applications for an Associate Director of Annual Giving position. Reporting to the Executive Director of Laurentian Engagement and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving is responsible for helping to generate leadership support to St. Lawrence University.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop leadership solicitation strategies for both assigned and unassigned prospects to support the St. Lawrence Fund. Solicit these prospects personally, while strategically working with major gift officers to maximize impact. Manage a portfolio of key Laurentian donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Coordinating with campus partners, strive to increase both dollars and donors for affinities, including St. Lawrence’s 35 athletic teams. Approved non-athletic affinities include study abroad programs, singing groups, Greek Houses, and more. Meanwhile, partner with coaches on strategic projects at a certain dollar level, generating revenue through annual appeals, and developing and executing an annual donor drive for Saints Athletics.
- Travel to meet with Laurentian donors, prospects, volunteers and staff off-campus events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support University Advancement’s goals and objectives.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Three years minimum experience in fundraising, higher education, alumni relations, or a similar field preferred. Comparable experience in admissions, communications, athletics, or student life will be considered.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team, build effective relationships, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with Laurentians with the highest degree of professionalism.
- A willingness to travel frequently and to work some evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in The Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud NetCommunity preferred.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Joseph Keniston, Executive Director of Laurentian Engagement and Annual Giving, at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit employment.stlawu.edu.