Associate Director, Engagement and The Annual Fund
St. Mark's SchoolSouthborough, MA
The Associate Director, Engagement and The Annual Fund (Associate Director) reports directly to the Director of The Annual Fund (Director) and is a member of the Alumni and Parent Programs & The Annual Fund (APP&AF) team working on behalf of St. Mark’s to build engagement, a culture of philanthropy, and an ever-increasing stream of contributed income for the School. Success is measured by meeting quantitative and qualitative goals established by the School, as well as by working constructively and collaboratively with the APP&AF team, the Advancement Office, and colleagues across campus.
Essential Functions and Key Objectives
- Annual Fund: The Associate Director supports the work of the Director of The Annual Fund as requested. Additionally, the Associate Director assumes direct responsibility for all or part of giving days and crowd-funding activities. (~10%) Reunion: Serving as a liaison to all Class Agents in reunion years, the Associate Director meets regularly with volunteers and develops and executes giving opportunities as well as a robust Reunion Weekend event. (~20%)
- Donor and Volunteer Engagement: Working in partnership with the Director of the Annual Fund, the Associate Director supports several volunteer groups including the Alumni Executive Committee, Class Agents, Parents’ Association, and Parent phonathon volunteers. (~15%)
- Event Management: The Associate Director plans and executes both on and off-campus engagement, campaign, and flagship events, working within a budget and ensuring a high level of presentation on behalf of the School. In the absence of in-person events during the pandemic, the Associate Director is a key player in conceiving, planning, and executing innovative virtual events, employing best practices from peer schools, and using available technology. (~15%)
- Digital Engagement and Giving: Taking the lead for Alumni and Parent Programming and Annual Fund and making use of industry best practices and the School’s suite of technology platforms, the Associate Director expands the presence of Advancement on all social media platforms. (~20%)
- Prospect Management and Solicitation: Carry a moderate-sized portfolio of mid-range leadership Annual Fund prospects to cultivate, solicit, and steward. (~20%)
- Other Duties: Contribute to the esprit de corps of the APP&AF team and the Advancement Office.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience in non-profit management, development, alumni relations, marketing, events management or similar professional work
- Deep appreciation of the mission of St. Mark’s School
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and as a team member to achieve goals
- Demonstrated skills and experience in successfully planning and implementing events from broad strategy to fine detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be pro-active, and be nimble
- Organizational skills sufficient to plan for the long-term; prioritize the present; and complete multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven skill in mobilizing and managing volunteers
- Computer and technological skills sufficient to fulfill job responsibilities
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Ability to pass a nationwide criminal background check
- Ability to stand and/or work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to move about campus in all types of weather
- Ability to lift/carry/move/push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel when necessary (15%)
St. Mark’s offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package which includes a retirement plan with company contribution; paid time off, including shorter workweeks in the Summer; and medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance plans. To apply, please send letter of interest, along with a resume or CV to: [email protected] (please use position title in subject line) No phone calls, please.
St. Mark’s School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.stmarksschool.org.
- Next s