Director of Annual and Leadership Giving
Tampa Preparatory SchoolTampa, FL
Tampa Preparatory School is the premier private school in the Tampa Bay area for students in grades 6 – 12. Our focus on what’s best for students means we pay attention to adolescent development. Our rich academic tradition, along with a commitment to arts, athletics, and a focus on producing well-rounded citizens, has made Tampa Prep one of the best schools in Tampa for 40 years. Our educational philosophy instills values of fairness, decency, honor, diligence and academic curiosity. The School stresses the development of self-confidence, a sense of worth and the importance of having fun in the pursuit of one’s goals.
Tampa Preparatory School seeks a Director of Annual and Leadership Giving to join a dynamic advancement team at an exciting time in the school’s history. The Director is responsible for the development of a comprehensive Annual Giving program, which raises nearly $1M each year and is poised for growth, in support of our mission. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, highly organized, deadline-oriented, goal-driven, collaborative, creative thinker. S/he should possess the ability to be strategic with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to be agile. S/he will envision, launch and execute new initiatives and lead the program to new heights. The person in this role will have a dual focus on both identifying and soliciting leadership donors ($1,000+) while increasing participation from all constituencies as a result of robust engagement with parents, grandparents, alumni, parents of alumni, and friends of the School.
Annual Fund Oversight and Coordination
- Develop and implement a strategic, volunteer-oriented, and segmented annual giving program to ensure continued growth and increased participation from all constituent groups.
- Act as the project manager and lead for the annual appeals communications calendar, managing internal and external deadlines and organizing input from key stakeholders.
- Lead planning and execution of Prep’s annual Giving Day as well as the faculty and staff giving campaign.
- Drive the development of a communications plan for effectively marketing and messaging the Annual Fund utilizing email, social media, direct mail, our website and other innovative tools.
- Establish a volunteer structure and lead the recruitment and management of parent volunteers and work with the director of donor engagement to develop a complementary volunteer structure for reunion giving.
- Collaborate with colleagues to integrate Annual Giving, Gala sponsorships, reunion giving, and major gift solicitation strategies.
- Work with the Database Manager to help prepare reports and presentations for the Head of School, Director of Development, community committee, and other volunteers and stakeholders.
Donor Portfolio Management and Major Gifts
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward donors with focus on relationship building and growing the philanthropic support for the school primarily through annual giving, with opportunities for involvement in major gifts.
- Oversee the acknowledgement, stewardship and recognition of all Annual Fund donors; personally acknowledge all gifts from assigned prospects
- Ensure that key prospects are actively managed with regular face-to-face meetings and outreach.
- Represent the School at alumni, parent, and other constituent events.
- Collaborate with the development team to engage constituents outside of the Tampa Bay area such as implementing virtual events, organizing a college tour to cultivate young alumni and/or planning regional events coordinated with strategic donor meetings.
- Provide strategic and operational support as needed to the capital campaign and other fundraising priorities.
Events and General
- Work with the Associate Director of Community Engagement to oversee assigned solicitations for fundraising events such as the Gala and Golf Outing and participate as a member of the planning team for these and other donor events
- Work with the Database Manager to ensure appropriate planning and implementation of systems and strategies as related to the Annual Giving program
- Engage enthusiastically in the life of the School, leveraging daily interactions and major schoolwide events alike for cultivation opportunities with all constituencies.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 3+ years of development/fundraising experience; experience with Annual Giving and frontline fundraising preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; prefer experience writing solicitation and acknowledgment letters, overseeing stewardship pieces, creating social media posts, PowerPoint presentations and more.
- A thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM database
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic work environment, meeting multiple deadlines and successfully managing multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated success managing volunteers preferred.
- A passion for Tampa Prep’s mission, a willingness to actively engage in the School community, and a history of developing meaningful, genuine relationships.
Information for Applicants:
This is a 12-month, full-time, benefit-eligible position. For consideration, please forward cover letter and resume to Kimberly Baggett, Director of Human Resources at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tampa Prep is an inclusive and open-minded environment that does not discriminate according to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or matters of individual choice. Tampa Prep does not engage in personnel practices prohibited by Federal law. This policy extends to all activities and aspects of the school and specifically to the practices of faculty and staff hiring and management, in student admissions, student evaluation, discipline and student life.
To apply for this job please visit tampaprep.org.