Assistant Director, Programs & Initiatives
Temple UniversityPhiladelphia, PA
Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director, Programs and Initiatives is responsible for the development and management of specific annual giving fundraising campaigns, including giving days, crowdfunding campaigns, a faculty and staff campaign and additional affinity-based fundraising campaigns.
Working as part of a dynamic team of alumni relations and fundraising professionals, the Assistant Director will be responsible for building partnerships with colleagues across the University and will work closely with marketing and communications colleagues to effectively market campaigns to various University constituents. The Assistant Director should be a creative, out-of-the-box, resourceful thinker and doer and must be a team player with well-honed partnership-building and client management skills.
Utilizing a combination of skills, including relationship building/management, knowledge of digital marketing/philanthropy and an ability to analyze results, the Assistant Director will work collaboratively with team members in the Alumni and Constituent Engagement Office to grow each campaign annually following a campaign debrief process that includes an analysis of communications, partnerships, and results.
Working within a dynamic department, the Assistant Director will be supported by centralized staff, including marketing/communications and alumni relations professionals. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of directly related experience in higher education development. Experience in fundraising or annual giving. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze results.
- Highly collaborative and collegial and can respond in a timely manner to requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and manage relationships with a diverse group of individuals both inside and outside of the university.
- Ability to run effective meetings and manage committees.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
This position requires a background check.
AA, EOE, m/f/d/v.
To apply for this job please visit temple.taleo.net.