Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The University of Texas at AustinAustin, Texas
To work in collaboration with the director, associate, and assistant directors of annual giving to direct, manage, execute, and evaluate all student philanthropy, young alumni, and social media initiatives.
- Direct the overall strategy for student and young alumni philanthropy and engagement initiatives for The University of Texas at Austin.
- Provide critical leadership toward student participation growth and growing the culture of philanthropy among students to help create lifelong donors to UT.
- Act as advisor to the UT Student Foundation, including attending meetings, events, etc. Will involve some night and weekend hours.
- Coordinate all solicitation and communications around Contribute, the fall student giving campaign.
- Coordinate all solicitation and communications around class gift campaign.
- Work with college, school and unit (CSU) partners on above campaigns.
- Develop and execute a year-long multi-channel cultivation and solicitation strategy for young alumni, those who have graduated in the last ten years.
- Actively solicit students and student groups for funds in support of the university through the following channels: in-person events, digital campaigns and direct mail.
- In conjunction with the donor relations team, develop, and execute effective strategies for student and young alumni stewardship programs.
- Coordinate with DET digital engagement team members to execute digital ads for annual giving programs team.
- Manage Student Foundation social media channels, including paid advertising through digital channels.
- Oversee phone and texting strategy for The University of Texas at Austin, including managing the development specialist for phone and texting.
- Responsible for all reporting and analytics to leadership for both the phone and texting program, as well as the students and young alumni program.
- Provide strategic recommendations toward growth and optimization toward key goals and objectives to leadership for both the phone and texting program, as well as the students and young alumni program.
- Assist with other annual giving programs as needed, including 40 Hours for the Forty Acres, HornRaiser, etc.
- Regular, clear communication with all members of the annual giving programs team is essential.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience in nonprofit or higher education advancement/development. Experience working with students in a higher education setting. Experience working with phone or texting campaigns. Candidate needs good communication skills, organization, and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects amid shifting priorities. Ability to work nontraditional hours regularly. Experience coordinating and running events. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
More than the required years of experience. Knowledge of higher education fundraising and Texas’ philanthropy. Experience with all direct marketing channels including phone, email, and direct mail. Experience writing for social media. Experience with texting and crowdfunding software and platforms. Experience running a student philanthropy program at a large public institution. Experience running a call center or texting campaigns for higher education.
Typical office environment. Must also be able to work remotely.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for this job please visit utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.