Development Specialist – Account Specialist
The University of Texas at AustinAustin, TX
To work in collaboration with the annual giving programs team (AG) to provide project management, writing, and college, school and unit (CSU) strategy.
- Act as account manager for key CSUs clients of annual giving programs.
- Coordinate and participate in regular meetings with CSU clients.
- Develop under the guidance of Director of Annual Giving the strategic recommendations for college, school and unit clients throughought the fiscal year including planned solicitations strategies as well as one-off time-sensitive projects.
- Build AG and CSU relationship through conversation, strategy, testing, and reporting results.
- Report on results to CSU Clients, the AGP Team, and leadership regularly.
- Follow strategic growth roadmaps for CSU clients to proactively achieve donor growth and retention goals.
- Project Management
- Manage the annual giving programs Asana platform for assigned CSU clients.
- Work with annual giving programs leadership to coordinate documentation of processes and procedures.
- Help coordinate CSU projects and create creative briefs for AG projects as needed.
- Review, write, and proofread copy for some csu specific direct marketing projects and ensure that the copy is in line with university messaging and annual giving best practices.
- Coordinate and work with vendors as needed to produce above campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned, including providing ad hoc support for annual giving programs campaigns like 40 Hours for the Forty Acres, ContribUTe, texting, etc.
Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of professional experience in project management, nonprofit or higher education advancement/development. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be organized and have attention to detail. Ability to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects amid shifting priorities. Experience with project management software. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
More than the required years of experience. Knowledge of higher education fundraising and Texas’ philanthropy. Experience with decentralized fundraising shops. Experience writing for higher education and/or non-profit direct mail and email solicitations. Experience working with vendors on direct mail pieces. Experience with all direct marketing channels including phone, email, and direct mail. Familiarity with AP style a plus.
Salary Range: $47,000 + depending on qualifications
Typical office environment. Must also be able to work remotely.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Writing samples
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for this job please visit utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.