Director, Annual Giving Campaigns
Tulane UniversityNew Orleans, LA
The Director, Annual Giving Campaigns, is a professional fund-raising position reporting directly to the Executive Director, Annual Giving, responsible for managing a coordinated series of direct mail and telemarketing campaigns for alumni, parents, and friends. The position is a senior manager who is primarily responsible for developing and executing the Tulane Fund’s marketing plan, in coordination with the university development plan, and assisting staff in its implementation and evaluation of its results. The Director will oversee the direct response annual giving program, including direct mail, digital campaigns, giving websites, and student calling program; manages a staff, and works closely with internal partners to create successful fundraising outcomes. The position also serves on the Tulane Fund Management team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven capability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- High initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility, and effectiveness at working with different types of people and different functional areas.
- Ability to recruit, inspire, teach, and coach high-performing development staff to achieve maximum results.
- Demonstrated superior analytical capabilities and outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with direct marketing practices and techniques, including test strategies, segmentation strategies, and measurement of results.
- Experience with long-range planning, financial reporting, and return-on-investment analysis.
- Knowledge of various software programs and aptitude for learning new programs. Knowledge of MS Excel.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ direct experience in frontline or direct marketing fundraising, or direct mail appeals. Transferable experience including marketing, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, or sales may be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 11 years’ direct experience.
- Annual Fund experience
- Ability and commitment to serve as a positive, contributing member of the Development team.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tulane.edu.
- Next s