Director, Constituency Engagement
Tulane UniversityNew Orleans, LA
The Director, Constituency Engagement is a full-time professional position reporting to the Senior Director, Advancement Events and Special Projects. The position is responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive regional events program to promote interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels and to provide networking and engagement opportunities for all constituents. The Director will develop strategies for local, regional, and national events including Presidential Campaign Events. This position is the primary protocol officer for the department regarding Campaign and Regional Events and provides unit coordination and scheduling for campaign and regional related events to include but not be limited to Presidential events, receptions, speakers’ forums and panels, small and large donor gatherings and events and other as scheduled. Responsibility for staffing and assisting with academic events as appropriate and managing WAVE Weekend events, and other University signature events. The position will also work closely with all departments within Development and Alumni Relations related to ensuring strategic and quality events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office program skills, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously.
- Budget management skills.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently yet maintain a close professional working relationship with colleagues.
- Analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle pressure, be flexible and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to attend events on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to commit to the values of an institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of and ability to use InDesign Desktop Publishing.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 years’ experience in program development or management, event coordination, or program implementation Transferable, related experience such as marketing, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, or sales may be considered.
- Experience working with non-profit donors preferably in a higher education setting.
- Experience using Advance Donor Management Software or similar program for higher education fundraising.
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tulane.edu.