Associate Director, Class and Reunion Giving
University of California, IrvineIrvine, CA
Under the supervision of the Director, Class & Reunion Programs, the Associate Director, Class & Reunion Programs is responsible for cultivating class identity and creating opportunities for reunion alumni to engage with the University and one another throughout the program year. The primary objective of the UCI Class and Reunion Program is to use a class-based approach to engage alumni. The Associate Director, Class and Reunion Programs will work to implement and execute the UCI Class and Reunion Program. This position will assist in developing and organizing activities for reunion alumni, including the recruitment and management of volunteer committees, analyzing reunion data to create outreach strategies, and creating attendance goals for reunion meetings and events. Position incumbent will lead committee meetings and conference calls as appropriate while traveling periodically over the course of the year to recruit volunteer leaders and staff events and meetings.
- 2-3 years of alumni or external relations work.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Knowledge of basic concepts and principles of building and maintaining effective relations with a variety of alumni and other key constituencies.
- Basic knowledge of the institution, its mission, vision, goals, achievements, policies, and infrastructure.
- Organizational skills including skill to meet prescribed deadlines; event planning skills.
- Written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including tact and political acumen to effectively represent the institution.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Applicable computer skills.
- Ability to be flexible in working independently as well as collaboratively with alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff, and volunteers to achieve defined goals.
- Uses initiative to organize and follow through with complex tasks to meet deadlines.
Special Conditions Required:
- Must possess a valid California driver license and participate in the DMV Pull Notice Program. May be required to drive on occasion in order to perform the routine or essential job responsibilities for the position. Travel required and weekend duties as needed
- Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
About the University of California, Irvine:
In 1965, the University of California, Irvine was founded with a mission to catalyze the community and enhance lives through rigorous academics, cutting-edge research, and dedicated public service. A top public university, UCI has become internationally recognized for improving lives through research and discovery, fostering excellence in scholarship and teaching, and engaging and enriching the community. Today, UCI continues to inspire change and pioneer new ideas with the support of its generous partners, alumni and friends. Through the combined efforts of the University Advancement & Alumni relations team, the University is able to share its amazing achievements, build lasting relationships and generate support for important campus programs and initiatives. University Advancement seeks to strengthen contributions in research, education, and service; accelerate the university’s place among globally preeminent research universities; and bring together passions, skills, and creativity to further improve people’s lives.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.