Assistant Director, Annual Giving – Digital Philanthropy
University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, Annual Giving, this position helps determine the best approach to retain, reactivate, and acquire digitally native donors. It will help manage an omni channel fundraising approach (email, SMS/MMS, digital marketing, social media, peer-to-peer, mail and personal digital outreach) with a primary focus on optimizing digital fundraising strategies and supporting annual giving appeals or micro-campaigns.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and execution of a comprehensive digital fundraising strategy. Serve as the direct marketing channel manager to implement digitally optimized annual giving fundraising appeals. Partner with Annual Giving teammates and cross-functional colleagues within Advancement to carry out designated fundraising responsibilities.
- Lead the Social Media Ambassadors program, developing new strategies to grow the program, provide meaningful online volunteer opportunities, and leverage peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and develop a plan for personal outreach and conversion to meet retention goals.
- Collaborate with campus partners to determine appropriate multi-channel strategy to effectively and efficiently fundraise for their units and leverages unit content to increase donations and donor participation.
- Track performance of appeals and individual segments to identify trends, successes and outcomes. Report on key performance indicators to leadership and partners, and analyze project results and make recommendations for strategy enhancements.
- Assist with drafting and editing of annual giving communications as needed. Assist in developing and implementing A/B testing strategies to increase dollars and donors. Keep abreast of best practices for annual giving direct marketing, including emerging trends and marketing channels to meet aggressive donor participation goals.
Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with ability to work nights and weekends and limited travel, as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with giving day or crowdfunding platforms.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Knowledge of CRM solutions such as Blackbaud CRM.
- Experience working on complex projects with a team from ideation to implementation to analysis.
- Curiosity and competency to independently and creatively problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, an understanding of marketing principles, and highly effective project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Excel and Teams.
- Strong organizational, project management, time management skills while working in a fast-paced, rapid-change environment.
Additional Application Materials Required:
- In addition to your application, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The candidate should be comfortable and adaptable in the current remote working environment and successfully navigate and interact with the technologies available to fulfill the position’s duties in such an environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ucf.edu.