Director of Development – College of Business
University of LouisvilleLouisville, KY
Master’s degree and three years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements. The university offers market-competitive salary and benefits. Grade EH Salary Commensurate with Experience
Prior experience in non-profit fundraising and/or higher education fundraising experience is preferred.
The Director of Development leads and manages a staff of development professionals, while planning and executing a comprehensive philanthropic program for the College of Business in coordination with the Executive Director of External Relations & Advancement and the Dean of the College of Business. The Director of Development will work collaboratively with colleagues across University Advancement to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects for the College of Business. All job functions must be performed with a high degree of professionalism, including responsibility, initiative, creativity, dependability, human relations, cooperation, courtesy, and in compliance with Affirmative Action. A high level of personal and professional integrity is a must, along with the ability to communicate effectively and frequently with colleagues.
- Meet or exceed annual goals as defined each year in a personal assessment scorecard.
- Build and manage a major gift prospect portfolio of approximately 75 major gift donors
- Solicit and secure gifts to reach an annual goal of no less than $500,000 or more (as determined by supervisor)
- Complete 144 or more face-to-face meetings annually with donors and prospective donors.
- Record moves management activity within the Advancement database platform.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues through donor identification and donor referral.
- Some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required in this position.
The University of Louisville is a vibrant and inclusive community, and we actively seek candidates who are interested in contributing to diversity and equal opportunity within higher education.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.
To apply for this job please visit hrprpt.louisville.edu.