Donor Experience Officer
University of MemphisMemphis, TN
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 1,000 current, lapsed and prospective leadership Annual Giving donors. Cultivate relationships with donors by leveraging technology that includes but is not limited to email, phone, social media, video conferencing, texting, and EverTrue’s cloud platform. Perform 50+ outbound touchpoints per day to demonstrate to donors the impact of their giving and provide information on University programs relative to their interests. Solicit donors to make new gifts, renew or upgrade by promoting philanthropic opportunities such as university and college giving priorities and crowdfunding projects. Meet and exceed clearly defined activity, revenue retention, and donor reactivation goals.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of Annual Giving, as well as the Advancement Communications, Advancement Services, and Alumni Association teams as part of a comprehensive multichannel marketing program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in direct sales, fundraising, or marketing. Relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- This is a time-limited position through June 30, 2022 with continuation contingent upon funding availability.
- Multiple positions will be filled from this posting.
- The department is especially interested in candidates with experience in higher education fundraising efforts.
Hiring Range: $35,568 – $41,000 per year
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- All applications must be submitted online at workforum.memphis.edu.
- Applicants must complete all applicable sections of the online application to be considered for a position. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and reference list after completing your application, if required by the system. Required work experience is based on full-time hours. Part-time work experience will be prorated as listed.
- Candidates who are called for an interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of University of Memphis colleges, programs, etc. is helpful
- Experience using databases and entering contact reports
- Experience soliciting donors especially through cold calls
- Adept at using social media, text, phone, and video conference
- Strategic, self-motivated, hardworking, and flexible
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service
- Handle confidential material responsibly
To apply for this job please visit workforum.memphis.edu.