Executive Director, Donor Experience
University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Division of Development & Alumni Relations has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director, Donor Experience to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Division of Development & Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division—Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership—which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Executive Director oversees and directs the office of Donor Experience. The position includes responsibility for the development of an overall donor experience and donor retention throughout the university. The incumbent is charged with expanding and elevating these programs, defining related annual and campaign goals, creating strategies and actions that enable the university to reach and retain as many donors as possible with impactful and strategic communication, engagement, recognition, and reporting. In collaboration with colleagues, they will be a key member of the team evaluating the success of programs including return on investment. This person is also responsible for developing, overseeing, disseminating, and if needed, providing presentations and training on all development donor experience policies and procedures. They need to handle the management, budget oversight, efficiency, and accountability of the donor experience program, including the direct supervision of members of this Office.
- Serve as a representative of the Donor Experience area on campaign planning committees.
- Expand and elevate the program by developing and implementing a plan to increase the number of donors touched, expand the methods of communication, improve the quality of each piece, employ best industry practices, expand communication with donors through appropriate training and use of development officers and their support staff.
- Improve and elevate the endowment reporting process.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of new technology to assist in effective stewardship.
- Coordinate a cross-institution committee charged with developing a plan for stewardship.
Specific Donor Communication
- Acknowledgments and Tributes. Ensure timely and accurate acknowledgment and tribute systems are in place according to policies and specific requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of seven years of effective and relevant work experience in broad development is required. Work experience related to non-profits preferred. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
- Candidate must have an excellent command of the English language, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required.
To apply for this job please visit umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.