Annual Giving Data Analyst
University of North Carolina at Chapel HillChapel Hill, NC
The University of North Carolina has enjoyed a long-standing place among leaders in higher education since it was chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation’s first public university. Situated in the beautiful college town of Chapel Hill, N.C., Carolina has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world. Carolina prides itself on a strong, diverse student body, academic opportunities not found anywhere else, and a value unmatched by any public university in the nation.
Carolina Development is proud of its donor-centered philosophy, pursuing activities that always respect the interests and intentions of the donor as well as the University. The organization’s collaborative nature is a critical component to fulfilling our mission of raising private funds to benefit the university.
Carolina Development is seeking applications for the position of Annual Giving Data Analyst. Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving, the Data Analyst will support all efforts for annual giving. This position plays a key role within the Annual Giving staff to provide reports that identify trends, best practices, best prospects for annual giving and illustrating different prospect segments. They will act as a liaison with ITS: Davie Training and Support for all data needs. As a member of the Annual Giving team, the Annual Giving Data Analyst will run reports, provide analysis on solicitation results, create and maintain processes in the Salesforce Marketing Automation platform and target demographics on a consistent basis and utilize predictive modeling. Work with annual giving staff to improve existing reporting through automation to increase efficiency and create ad hoc reports to address specific marketing issues that arise within the solicitation calendar. They will assist with emerging campaigns and solicitation channels by providing research, advising on back-end system integration and providing results reporting and analysis. It requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software and strong communication skills.
- 30% – Prospect Development: In partnership with prospect management, research, and analytics team develop portfolios for leadership annual giving officers and help develop portfolios for new gift officers. Conduct other proactive projects for use by annual giving staff under the direction of the Executive Director.
- 30% – Program Development: Develop a comprehensive testing strategy for marketing activities that will support annual giving program’s long-term growth and helps the program identify new markets. Leverage analytics to support the goals of the annual giving program-ranging from strategy development for model source deployment and the creation of predictive models to increase the impact of annual giving.
- 30% – Reporting and Data Analysis: Create visually appealing and easy-to-read reports that drive strategy within the department and inform leadership and schools and units of annual giving results. Provide annual giving reporting services to partners in schools and units with a focus on the following types of reporting: analytics, audience analysis, annual giving results, and prospect identification. Synthesize information and develop key findings that will drive strategic decisions in annual giving across the organization. Present written, graphic, and oral reports to colleagues on results of projects. Serve as the primary liaison with the Davie Training and Support team.
- 10% – Other Duties: Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based development functions and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, and collaborative fundraising practices. Carry out other such responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director of Annual Giving and senior management.
Bachelor’s degree is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of business analysis and data gathering experience.
- Experience in a complex fundraising organization, preferably within the higher education industry. Familiarity with Blackbaud CRM.
- Experience querying complex databases using SQL or similar
- Prior use of Microsoft Power BI or similar a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse constituencies, meet deadlines, be self-motivated, and work independently.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to be a team player with proven relationship and influencing skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues from a variety of functional areas.
- Proven strategic and analytical thinker.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel and/or Access.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit unc.peopleadmin.com.