Executive Director, Annual Giving Programs
University of OklahomaNorman, OK
Oversees and leads generation giving operations with responsibility for creating a comprehensive annual giving solicitation and stewardship strategy that includes direct mail, digital initiatives, telephone strategies, and other projects such as crowdfunding and OU Giving Day event.
The strategy will focus on two directives — the generation of annual gift revenue and the discovery and qualification of the next generation of major gift prospects. The strategy should inspire support from alumni, families and friends and must be data-driven, donor-centric, dynamic, omni-channel, and integrated within all the colleges and units on campus. The strategy should also showcase and leverage emerging strengths and employ state-of-the-art technology and digital platforms.
Supervise and Lead: Motivate and guide a team of direct and indirect reports. This is a management position that not only leads a work unit, but also supervises staff, makes hiring decisions, provides coaching, training and mentoring, manages performance and determines future staffing needs. Also provides clear direction through setting team and individual goals, motivating to produce best work product, encouraging creativity, and engaging in collaborative work with key partners in Advancement and throughout the University.
Donor Development: Increase the number of entry level and leadership donors to build and sustain a major gifts pipeline. Purposefully seek opportunities to transition high-level annual giving donors to their first major gift. Gain more donors by building an effective acquisition program that increases alumni giving and supports key strategic priorities at OU.
Systems and Analytics: Create an efficient, effective system of stewardship for annual and leadership annual gifts. Analyze data and track cyclical giving metrics. Generate relevant reports to track progress. Track segment performance. Identify trends, successes, outcomes and key performance indicators.
Continue learning and development to implement current industry best practices. Perform cross-functional duties in areas of marketing, communications, alumni relations and major gifts.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job-related experience
- 60 months fundraising experience that includes segmentation/implementation of annual giving programs
- Proficient navigating and maintaining databases
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to build and manipulate spreadsheets
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Able to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives
- Customer service
- Must be able to perform basic data analysis
- Able to effectively evaluate projects/programs and produce comprehensive reports
- Must be able to supervise staff and communicate directions and expectations effectively
- Must have strong ability to lead project teams
- Must be able to create and deliver effective training presentations
- Proficient in copy writing, editing, proofreading and composition
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in a higher education environment
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.
- Next s