Associate Director of Development, Donor Acquisition
UNM Foundation, Inc.Albuquerque, NM
Join a dynamic team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM Foundation seeks nominations and applications for the position of Associate Director of Development, Donor Acquisition with the UNMF Acquisition (Annual Giving) team. The salary level for this position will start at $45,000. UNMF Acquisition team is committed to increasing the involvement of UNM alumni and friends through giving to the university. The Acquisition program consists of multiple fundraising programs including telemarketing, direct mail, email, social media, crowdfunding, and face-to-face fundraising. The successful applicant will provide direct fund-raising services to the Acquisition team with a focus on the Presidential Scholarship Program (PSP) and The 1889 Society. This position will participate in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of fund-raising projects and programs to meet established fundraising goals, strategies, and objectives. This position will manage a portfolio of donors and manage the PSP donor database.
- Assist in management of Presidential Scholarship Program under the Development Director of the program. Responsibilities include but are not limited coordinating projects, programs, and activities to increase visibility among internal and external constituencies collaborating with various partners critical to the processes such as Advance and the UNM Scholarship office, and others.
- Manage Presidential Scholarship Program donor base including data entry, management of process and systems, continual monitoring and updating of current donor base, email and hard letter correspondences with donors as needed.
- Participate in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fund-raising goals and objectives.
- Under supervision, research, write, edit, or oversee the preparation of persuasive, accurate, and grammatically correct solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials.
- Under supervision, manage portfolio of donors and suspects and successfully secure gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and development databases through close work with IT Reporting to ensure data is being used effectively.
- Manage 1889 Society stewardship processes to produce timely, accurate, and personalized communications for gifts connected to Acquisition efforts
- Create and manage a process for funneling leaders
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Two (2) or more years of experience in development or nonprofit work; preference in higher education
- Experience with Ellucian Advance 2016 database management software or other donor database management software
- Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
- Please visit our website at www.unmfund.org/career for application. Cover letter and resume requested.
The Foundation is committed to recruiting, hiring, compensating, developing, and promoting employees based on qualifications and individual merit. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are dedicated to the goal of building an inclusive and pluralistic staff. Thus, the Foundation shall provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to the employee’s/applicant’s race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.unmfund.org.