Senior Development Coordinator for Alumni Engagement
UT HealthHouston, TX
We are currently seeking a Senior Development Coordinator for Alumni Engagement and Projects. This employee will be responsible for activities associated with UTHealth programs, projects, and/or volunteers specializing in one or more of the following areas: annual giving, alumni engagement, volunteer relations, foundation relations, corporate engagement, grateful patient engagement, school programs and organizations, gift planning, major gifts, events. This role plans and executes communications and event activities of alumni programs. They will work closely with internal and external partners to develop effective programming, events, communications and volunteer opportunities to deepen affinity for the institution. This person will function as a centralized point of contact for the various schools and their alumni organizations. They will also assist with e-newsletter campaigns. The main focus is to assist with the implementation and growth of alumni networking and mentoring programming across the University.
This is a full-time position that is classified as salaried non-exempt. You will office in our University Center Tower which is at the corner of Fannin and Pressler in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. It is eligible for all UTHealth benefits including healthcare coverage and participation in a pension plan run by the State of Texas.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of specified programs, projects, meetings, tours and/or volunteers within the development office.
- Exercises independent judgement and assumes responsibility for creating and/or facilitating multi-faceted materials including agendas, meeting minutes, letters, reports, briefing documents and other necessary support documents.
- Plans and monitors appropriate budgets as needed and monitors budget allocations and expenses throughout the planning and implementation process as needed.
- Works directly with staff to coordinate and manage development activities such as creating and maintaining relationships and communications with volunteers, donors, board members, advisory council members, grateful patients, faculty, staff and/or alumni.
- Works in collaboration with front line fundraisers to cultivate prospects for suitable engagement and stewardship activities and helps guide matching particular interests with school and/or program priorities.
- Interacts with internal and external partners. Handles special requests from donors and volunteer members in order to answer questions and facilitate access to UTHealth resources, faculty and staff.
- May plan and execute on and off-site meetings as needed, including facilitating logistics, planning timelines, determining appropriate audiences for invitations, etc.
- Works closely with University colleagues assuring we have content as needed. Works closely with prospect research and data management to obtain relevant information as needed. Develops effective partnerships throughout the University to enhance relationships.
- Ensures that plans and protocols are followed to ensure compliance with all federal, state laws and UTHealth policies, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to manage projects and determine priorities.
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to address/resolve difficult multi-faceted problems.
- Strong computer literacy skills required, including word processing and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software. Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
Two (2) years of related experience, a paid internship in philanthropy will be considered related experience.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
To apply for this job please visit uth.referrals.selectminds.com.