Assistant Director – Leadership Annual Giving (LAG Officer)
Utah Valley UniversityOrem, UT
- Knowledge of best practices for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing donors within the fundraising continuum and related principals and policies.
- Knowledge of public relations, marketing and working in or with corporate culture.
- Demonstrates organizational ability, and strong attention to detail. Superior data analysis, marketing, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Takes responsibility and initiative to set and meet department goals, objectives and obligations while representing the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Effective problem solving, decision-making, strategic planning, innovative and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills including the ability to work with donors and staff at all levels and build rapport easily with internal and external constituents.
- Works independently and collaboratively, takes initiative, productively manages multiple responsibilities and deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, paying meticulous attention to detail.
- Poised, professional manner with the ability to express oneself clearly and empathetically in interactions with others in all forms of communications including verbal, written, one-on-one, group settings, etc. Ability to communicate in a direct and professional manner that engages dialogue in a manner that resolves differences and creates desired results.
- Demonstrates ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with donors, perspective donors, alumni and friends of the institution including business, philanthropic and community leaders with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercises good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment in an organized and professional manner.
- Exceptionally collaborative and team-focused; possesses a professional outlook and keen sense of accountability for efforts; and highly energetic, focused, and outcome-oriented.
- Ability to effectively supervise, inspire and mentor others.
- Background working with spreadsheets, print and/or electronic media.
- Demonstrated understanding of university fundraising practices and personnel management.
Pay Range: $41,412 – $51,765 DOE
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.uvu.jobs.