Associate Director of Major Gifts
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
Virginia Tech’s Office of Advancement is seeking to fill multiple Associate Director of Major Gifts positions. The Associate Directors of Major Gifts will solicit philanthropic gifts from alumni, parents, and friends, which align with overall University, Program and College strategic priorities. These highly motivated professionals will be involved with the planning and implementation of major gift fundraising efforts in support of current operations, endowment, capital, and other priorities from private sources. They will fulfill the duties under the direction of the Director of Leadership & Major Gifts, or Chief Advancement Officer for each respective area in close cooperation with overall leadership of the University’s central Advancement Office.
Each Associate Director of Major Gifts will:
- Assist with fundraising activities for Colleges and University Programs within designated time frames.
- Travel, on average, five to eight days per month to cultivate, solicit, steward and identify prospects.
- Manage a portfolio of between 100-125 prospects. Successfully solicit gifts of $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Close $1,000,000 per year using a three year rolling average.
- Close an average 10-13 gifts per fiscal year. Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies which include building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Establish strong working relationships with other central Advancement, collegiate and constituent Development Officers and staff to foster a productive work environment.
- The search is being conducted to fill multiple fundraising positions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.