Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Western Michigan UniversityKalamazoo, MI
Creates and executes strategies to increase alumni participation and philanthropic support through effective content creation, segmentation, digital strategies, and measurement in support of the Western Michigan University Annual Fund.
- Participates in the planning and execution of all content creation for targeted segments of donors and potential donors.
- Develops and maintains effective measurement strategies and tools to analyze the effectiveness of segmentation and communication strategies in collaboration with Advancement Services.
- Leads the College Annual Fund team on behalf of University Advancement, including communication with Deans or designees, content creation, segmentation, communication strategies, and measurement.
- Coordinates with both Advancement Services and the Marketing Teams in report writing, campaign creation, and campaign tracking.
- Works with vendors to coordinate campaign materials including supplies, coordination of direct mail and other resources provided by vendors.
- Makes budget recommendations and manages budgets for each campaign or initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Two years’ relevant experience.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with office software, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to prioritize, execute multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a contributing team member within a complex organization requiring collaboration, teamwork and communication.
- Experience using relational databases and software applications.
- Ability to communicate persuasively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
- List of References
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
Western Michigan University offers generous benefits to its employees including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, and tuition discount for the employee and tuition remission for eligible dependents.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmujobs.org.