Donor Experience Officer
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni AssociationMadison, WI
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is looking for four (4) Donor Experience Officers (DXOs) to join our the Annual Giving team. Each DXO will be assigned a specific fundraising priority. As energetic, passionate and digital-first fundraisers, the DXOs will leverage modern marketing tools to express gratitude and ask for philanthropic support of one of the following priorities:
- College of Letters & Science (“L&S”)
- College of Engineering (“CoE”)
- Medical Advancement – Carbone Cancer Center
- Medical Advancement – American Family Children’s Hospital (and potentially other medical areas)
The College of Letters & Science and College of Engineering DXOs will use momentous giving days, video storytelling, and digital marketing to help donors transform the student experience and elevate the work of faculty within the colleges. WFAA is seeking talented innovators to help align how we engage L&S and COE donors with their passions through video, phone, social media, and digital connections.
The Medical Advancement DXOs will be focused on utilizing video storytelling, events, and digital marketing to help donors advance philanthropic priorities within Carbone Cancer Center, American Family Children’s Hospital, and potentially other key areas of the medical institution (UW School of Medicine and Public Health and UW Health). WFAA is seeking talented and empathetic fundraisers to help align the engagement of medical donors with their philanthropic aspirations. The Medical Advancement Group is in the early stages of a comprehensive medical campaign and DXOs will be critical in helping secure philanthropic support to these important areas.
- Cultivate relationships with annual leadership gift donors through email, phone, virtual meetings, and video.
- Leverage tools of the WFAA marketing division to renew annual support at the $1,000-24,999 level.
- Deepen UW’s partnership with donors and qualify them for increased support.
Donor Success Development
- Communicate stories about the impact of annual philanthropic support with current and potential donor partners.
- Serve as a point of contact for advancing relationships between the priority area and annual leadership donors.
- Collaborate with development staff to identify and elevate donors through the pipeline.
- Collaborate closely with priority area colleagues to identify and deliver content related to the impact of philanthropy through video, social media, and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with digital and annual giving teams to tailor modern marketing tactics for leadership annual giving level donors.
- Experience in a customer and/or donor-facing role
- Curiosity for discovering passions that motivate people
- Ability to inspire and share stories of impact verbally
- Emotional intelligence when engaging with donors
- A creative mind for strategic marketing to individuals and masses
- Enthusiasm to ask for philanthropic support for priority areas
- Willingness to learn and build
- Interest in analyzing data to determine strategy; strong attention to detail
- Video creation or digital marketing experience score bonus points
To apply for this job please visit careers-supportuw.icims.com.