Information Analyst and Technology Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic InstituteWorcester, MA
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement Technology, the Information Analyst and Technology Administrator is one of two such positions and has two primary responsibilities:
Advancement Technology Administration and Customer Support: Assist in the administration and support of applications, integrations and platforms which make up the Advancement technology ecosystem.
WPI Advancement has recently invested in a number of state-of-the-art technologies, including Salesforce, Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud, FormAssembly, and GradAdvance to help enable and drive deep value for internal and external clients. This position is charged with helping to ensure these technologies are understood, well integrated and widely adopted within the departments across the division.
Information Analyst: Convert critical prospect management, gift and engagement data into actionable business knowledge in support of University Advancement strategies and goals, and especially in support of Campaign decision-making.
Data-supported decision-making is no longer a luxury. It is imperative that every member of the Advancement Information Technology team is dedicated to both data quality management and data analysis in support of Division and University goals. This includes educating and supporting users in data literacy, including the creation and proper use of KPIs, as well as data stewardship.
- Serve as administrator and trainer for externally facing platforms, Web sites and applications (Marketing Cloud, FormAssembly, Causeview Impact Forms, GradAdvance)
- Serve as developer for sites, applications and forms (Salesforce, MarketingCloud, FormAssembly, etc.), including:
- Determining technical requirements
- Designing layouts
- Building Data Integrations
- Updating Sites and Applications
- Training Users
- Define and document standard operating procedures related to technology usage.
- Summarize complex data in a variety of formats and structures, creating clear concise reports and dashboards for management and other end users.
- Leverage existing data to develop new analytical tools and reports to set annual strategies and goals and track results.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in existing data to provide support for data-driven decision-making.
- Provide lists and reports on an ad hoc basis as requested by University Advancement staff and department across campus.
- Partner with the data management team within University Advancement and other departments across campus to resolve identified data quality issues.
- Serve as a liaison to Institutional Research to manage larger data analytics projects and to support the creation and maintenance of senior administration-facing KPI dashboards for University Advancement.
- Serve as a second Salesforce Administrator – primarily focused on enhancing business operations on the Salesforce platform and serving as a liaison to the Salesforce Working Group.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Additional educational experience and a minimum of three years of related work experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret data.
- Good judgement and discretion in handling highly confidential and sensitive documents and data and exceptional attention to detail essential.
- Ability to easily communicate complex ideas in simple yet effective terms.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities concurrently and to work accurately in a fast-paced environment necessary.
- Excellent project and task management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate system issues and support day-to-day operational requests.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with statistical packages and languages (SPSS, R, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau is preferred.
- Experience with/knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Web development or marketing\communications technology
- Web, Page Layout or User Interface Design
- Salesforce, MarketingCloud, and FormAssembly
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply for this job please visit wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.